125 Years, 125 Causes
To celebrate our 125th anniversary and express our gratitude to the community at large, Gregory & Appel Insurance donated $500 each to 125 Central Indiana non-profit organizations. View the full list of recipients.
Throughout our 125-year history, which includes 10 different office locations, downtown Indianapolis has always been our home. Central Indiana has been an integral part of our successful longevity. To celebrate our 125th anniversary and express our gratitude to the community at large, Gregory & Appel Insurance decided to fund a charitable initiative to donate $500 each to 125 Central Indiana non-profit organizations.
On behalf of the entire Gregory & Appel team, we sincerely thank every one of the 350 non-profit 501c3 organizations who applied via our website process during the seven-week submission period. Each applicant had a strong case and we were impressed by the number of groups that are doing so many great things for people in our community.
1. Alternatives Incorporated of Madison Co
2. Alzheimer's Association
3. Best Buddies Indiana
4. Big Brothers Big Sisters—Central Indiana
5. Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
6. Brooke's Place for Grieving Young People
7. Bureau of Jewish Education
8. Carmel Clay Public Library Foundation
9. Catholic Charities of Indianapolis
10. Center for Leadership Development
11. Challenge Foundation Academy
12. Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School
13. Children's Bureau
14. Christel House Academy
15. Coalition for Homelessness Intervention & Prevention
16. Coburn Place Safe Haven
17. Crossroads of America Council Boy Scouts of America
18. Damar Services
19. Dance Kaleidoscope
20. Day Nursery Association
21. Dayspring Center
22. Eiteljorg Museum
23. FACE Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
25. Fall Creek Academy
26. Family Service of Central Indiana
27. Fathers and Families Center
28. Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis
29. Fountain Square Academy
30. Friends of Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
31. Gateway Association, Inc.
32. Gennesaret Free Clinic
33. Girls Incorporated of Indianapolis
34. Give Back Inc.
35. Global Gifts
36. Good Samaritan Network
37. Goodwill Industries Foundation of Central IN
38. Goodwill Industries/Indpls. Metropolitan HS
39. Greenwood Parks & Recreation
40. Habitat for Humanity, Johnson County
41. Hamilton Co. Area Neighborhood Development
42. Happy Hollow Children's Camp
43. HealthNet Inc.—Homeless Initiative Program
44. Hendricks Regional Health Foundation
45. Heritage Place of Indianapolis
46. Hoosier Environmental Council
47. Hope Academy
48. Howard Regional Health System Foundation
49. Humane Society of Indianapolis
50. IN Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center
51. Indiana Assoc. for Community Econom Dev.
52. Indiana Jr. Tennis Development Fund
53. Indiana Juvenile Justice Task Force
54. Indiana Reading & Information Service
55. Indiana Recycling Coalition
56. Indianapolis Art Center
57. Indianapolis Children's Choir
58. Indianapolis Civic Theatre
59. Indianapolis Early Learning Center
60. Indianapolis Opera
61. Indianapolis Parks Foundation
62. Indianapolis Senior Center
63. Indianapolis Zoo
64. Indy Baroque
65. Indy Reads
66. International Center of Indianapolis
67. Jameson Camp
69. JEWEL Human Services
70. Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
71. Kingsway Community Care Center
72. Learning Well Inc.
73. Legacy House
74. Lifebridge Inc.
75. Little Red Door Cancer Agency
76. Local Initiatives Support Corporation
77. Lupus Foundation of America
78. Madame Walker Theatre Center
79. Marion County Fair
80. Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana
81. Midwest Food Bank
82. Music For All
83. National Coalition of 100 Black Women
84. National Multiple Sclerosis Society
85. Noble of Indiana Dream Team
86. NPower of Indiana
87. Orchard SChool Foundation IN Partnership for Young Writers
88. Outreach Inc.
89. Partnership for Healthier Johnson Co.
90. Planned Parenthood of Indiana
91. President Benjamin Harrison Foundation
92. Ransburg YMCA
93. Rebuilding the Wall
94. Riley Children's Foundation
95. Ronald McDonald House of Indiana
96. Rush Memorial Hospital Foundation
97. Ruth Lily Health Education Center
98. Sam Schmidt Paralysis Foundation
99. School on Wheels
100. Second Helpings
101. Shepherd Community Center
102. Southeast Community Services
103. Special Olympics Ind., Washington Twnshp.
104. St. Mary's Child Center
105. Storytelling Arts of Indiana
106. Sycamore School
107. Teachers' Treasures Inc.
108. The ALS Association
109. The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
110. The Children's TherAplay Foundation
111. The Julian Center
112. The Project School
113. The Saturday Evening Post Society
114. The Tony Stewart Foundation
115. The Villages of Indiana
116. The Wellness Community-Central Indiana
117. Training Inc.
118. University of Indianapolis
119. Visiting Nurse Service Inc.
120. Volunteers of America of Indiana
121. VSA arts of Indiana
122. Wayne Township Education Foundation
123. Westview Medical Foundation
124. Wheeler Mission Ministries
125. Young Audiences of Indiana
125 Charities Grant Application
All applications had to be submitted via our gregoryappel.com website. The decisions were based upon each applicant's answers to questions regarding their most effective program for improving our community and how they would use the $500 to enhance that program.
A five-person panel of local civic and philanthropic leaders and Gregory & Appel Insurance representatives made up the selection committee.
The panelists included:
• Dan Appel, President, Gregory & Appel
• Steve Appel, Vice President, Corporate Development, Gregory & Appel
• Christie Gillespie, Director, Agency Services, United Way of Central Indiana
• Claire Fiddian-Green, Grants Officer, Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation, Inc.
• Joanna Nixon, Vice President for Grantmaking, Central Indiana Community Foundation