Susan joined Gregory & Appel in 2008 and is a Consultant in Employee Benefits & Human Capital Management. She is recognized by EBA Magazine to be among "25 Most Influential Women in Benefit Advising".
Susan serves as an integral extension of the benefits/finance/HR staffs of private and publicly traded businesses. She is a business advisor who brings added value to employers by identifying options to mitigate rising costs, improve the health of employees and their dependents, and represent them in complex negotiations with insurers over how best to design and finance their health and benefit programs and ancillary coverage lines.
Susan is a market innovator who has expertise in alternative coverage mechanisms such as self-insurance options, including Captive solutions. She leads G&A's compliance committee as well as the Human Capital Management division.
Susan's primary focuses include: Wholesale/Retail, Captives, Public Entities, Manufacturing, Technology Firms, Start-ups as well as Healthcare.
Susan received her Masters' Degree in Strategic Leadership (HR) from the University of Indianapolis - Capstone Project "Human Resources Transformed by Process Efficiency". Susan obtained her Bachelor's Degree in General Studies with a Concentration in Organizational Leadership from IUPUI. Susan holds her Human Resource Certificate.
Susan's certifications include: ACA, Certified Self-Funding Specialist (CSFS), Consumer Directed Health Care (CDHC) & Wellness.
In her industry accomplishments, Susan been elected by her peers for the following positions:
- Indianapolis Association of Health Underwriters (IAHU)
- Past President & recipient of the Spirit of Excellence Award in 2012
- Indiana State Association of Health Underwriters (ISAHU) - Past President & recipient of the Legislative Excellence Award
- Emerging Leader of the Year and Committee Member of the Year
- National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
- Past National Media Chair & Yong Agents Chair.