Our office in the historic “Capitol View” building is our 10th headquarters in Indianapolis. Downtown has been our home for 126 years. Since 1994, we have renovated two buildings in areas the city has targeted for economic development.
Today, after a $12 million joint venture between our firm and Shiel Sexton (an Indianapolis development firm), “Capitol View” offers 60,000 square feet of office space. We were able to accomplish our goals for the building: keeping historic features intact while modernizing the interior to meet current standards.
The “Capitol View” was originally constructed in 1919 as an automobile manufacturing plant for HCS Motor Cars, the second of two car companies founded by legendary automaker Harry Stutz. Mr. Stutz, created the famous “Stutz Bearcat” with his Stutz Motor Cars company and was also successful with his next car known as the HCS Series III “Roadster.” The Roadster served as the Pace Car for the 1921 Indianapolis 500.
Our offices are housed on the top two floors and the remainder of the building is fully leased to additional tenants.We’re always available to provide a tour of our historic home, and our south side windows offer an excellent view of the downtown skyline.