Throughout our 125-year history, which includes 10 different office locations, downtown Indianapolis has always been our home. Central Indiana has been an integral part of our successful longevity. To celebrate our 125th anniversary and express our gratitude to the community at large, Gregory & Appel Insurance decided to fund a charitable initiative to donate $500 each to 125 Central Indiana non-profit organizations.
On behalf of the entire Gregory & Appel team, we sincerely thank every one of the 350 non-profit 501c3 organizations who applied via our website process during the seven-week submission period. Each applicant had a strong case and we were impressed by the number of groups that are doing so many great things for people in our community.
We are pleased and excited to support the following organizations as the winners of our "125 Years, 125 Charities" grant initiative :
How were the 125 selections be determined?
All applications had to be submitted via our gregoryappel.com website. The decisions were based upon each applicants’ answers to questions regarding their most effective program for improving our community and how they would use the $500 to enhance that program.
A five-person panel of local civic and philanthropic leaders and Gregory & Appel Insurance representatives made up the selection committee.
The panelists included:
• Dan Appel, President, Gregory & Appel
• Steve Appel, Vice President, Corporate Development, Gregory & Appel
• Christie Gillespie, Director, Agency Services, United Way of Central Indiana
• Claire Fiddian-Green, Grants Officer, Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation, Inc.
• Joanna Nixon, Vice President for Grantmaking, Central Indiana Community Foundation